John's Children There's An Eye In The Sky - White Vinyl - Sealed UK vinyl LP album (LP record)
|Tracklisting / Additional Info:
This pop art combo hailing from Leatherhead, England were known for their outrageous live concert performances and were ‘removed’ from a tour with The Who in Germany in 1967 when they ‘out-Who’d The Who’. Adding fuel to an already high-octane fire they issued a single that same year “Desdemona”, written by Marc Bolan, which was banned by the BBC because of the controversial lyric, "Lift up your skirt and fly." Across the pond their American record label delayed the release of their album, Orgasm for four years from its recording date due to objections from Daughters of the American Revolution (yeah, really). John's Children were out and about being a nuisance for less than two years but in that time, they released six singles and one album, but predictably none troubled the Top 30 pop charts. It wasn’t until decades later that they were acknowledged for the impact they had on the music scene by some of the more ‘hip’ and ‘cool’ types and those failed to chart singles are now worth a considerable number English pounds to serious collectors - Sir Timothy Trott.
• Limited Pressing 750 copies on White Vinyl with flip back sleeve
• All tracks remastered in 2020 for vinyl.
• Features many tracks with a young Marc Bolan on Guitar & Vocals
• Lead Singer Andy Ellison will be issuing his Autobiography in 2021 and this
release is part of a series of records to tie in with this book.
1. The Love I Thought I'd Found (Hewlett / Napier Bell) 3:01
2. Strange Affair (Fingers Groin) 2:06
3. Just What You Want - Just What You'll Get (Townson/ Ellison / Hewlett/ McClelland) 3:01
4. But She's Mine (Townson/ Ellison / Hewlett) 1:59
5. Desdemona (Bolan) 2:24
6. Remember Thomas À Becket (Ellison / Hewlett) 2:20
7. Midsummer Night's Scene (Bolan) 2:35
8. Sara, Crazy Child (Bolan) 2:04
9. Come And Play With Me In The Garden (Ellison / Hewlett) 2:17
10. Go-Go Girl (Bolan) 2:09
11. Jagged Time Lapse (McClelland / Hewlett) 2:47
12. Mustang Ford (Bolan) 2:24
13. Not The Sort Of Girl You Take To Bed (Ellison / Hewlett) 2:27
14. Sally Was An Angel (Vocal) (Bolan) 3:11
15. Hippy Gumbo (Bolan) 2:36
16. Midsummer Night's Scene (Bolan) 2:37
||Factory sealed from new. This item is unplayed. Click here for more info.
In Stock - Buy Now for shipping on Monday 20th September
|Year of Release:
||John's Children (click here for complete listing)
||There's An Eye In The Sky - White Vinyl - Sealed (click here for more of the same title)
£ 29.99, US$ 41.39
||Add item to your basket for a postage/shipping quote
||vinyl LP album (LP record)
|Country of Origin:
||Regardless of country of origin all tracks are sung in English, unless otherwise stated in our description.
|Date of Release:
03 September 2021
|EIL.COM Ref No
||JHCLPTH774778 (quote this reference in any e-mails, letters, faxes or phone calls to help identify this item)
60s Beat, 60s Pop, 60s Rock, 70s Rock, Glam, Progressive, Psychedelic, 70s Artists
||Big Carrot, Del Aaron-Shears, Dib Cochran & The Earwigs, Gloria Jones, Marc Bolan, Mickey Finn, Sister Pat Hall, T-Rex / Tyrannosaurus Rex
|Complete Stock List:
||email@example.com to contact our sales team.
|To order by phone:
||Call 011-44-01474 815010 quoting EIL.COM reference number JHCLPTH774778